Peanut butter + Chocolate = amazing. Whomever first combined these two together is a complete genius.
Have you ever met anyone that disliked chocolate peanut butter cups? I honestly do not think I have met one single person. In reality I wish I could eat them all day every day, unfortunately they are full of added sugar and fat. Basically not the best choice.Delicious high #Protein & #Healthy Reese's #AlmondButter #ProteinBar perfect for #Sports & #FItnessClick To Tweet
Well I have the perfect (and healthy) alternative for you, these gluten free no-bake Reese’s Almond Butter Protein Bars. Not only are they delicious, but also they are incredibly easy to make in under 5 minutes.
In fact they taste exactly like chocolate peanut butter cups, for real. In addition they are both high in protein and energy and are the perfect nutritious snack for on the go.
Not to mention, they only contain six ingredients: oats, protein powder, whole almonds, honey, almond butter, and chocolate chips.
For protein powder, I used chocolate peanut butter flavor. However, you can substitute with whatever protein powder you have on hand if you prefer, but I cannot guarantee the same peanut butter cup taste.
If you prefer to have no added sugar, simply omit the chocolate chips. For vegan, choose maple syrup instead of honey, vegan chocolate chips (or omit), and use a vegan protein powder.
To make the Reese’s Almond Butter Protein Bars, firstly mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Then line a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper (wax paper will work too). Add the oat mixture to the parchment paper. Place a second piece of parchment paper on top.
Using your hands, press firmly on top of the second parchment paper to press oat bar into the corners and bottom. Then place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen.
Remove and cut into 14 bars (or as many as your heart desires!).
For storage, keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. For long term storage, wrap individually with saran wrap and place in freezer. Remove prior to eating and enjoy!
For another super easy and delicious energy bar, check out these Coconut Blueberry Quinoa Bars.
- 1.5 cup oats, certified gluten free
- 2/3 cup chocolate peanut butter protein powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, whole
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter, natural
- 1/2 cup Reese's chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients in large bowl. Mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Place parchment paper in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Add oat mixture to parchment paper. Place another layer of parchment paper on top and press firmly with your hands to push the oat bars into the corners and bottom of dish.
- Place in freezer for 1-2 hours (or until frozen), remove from pan and cut. Refrigerate bars for 3 days. For long term storage, individually wrap tightly in saran wrap and place in freezer for up to three months.
229 calories, 11g protein, 11g fat, 20g carbohydrate, and 3.2g fiber