Are you looking for a healthy burger recipe with a lot of flavor? If you love pineapple as much as I do, you will absolutely love these juicy Pineapple Basil Turkey burgers.
The sweet aromatic flavors of pineapple are the perfect addition to a hot summer day. They have me daydreaming of being on a tropical beach somewhere with a pina colada in my hand. Don’t you agree?
Unless you are on the beach somewhere tropical at this exact instant (lucky you in that case!), these delicious Caribbean burgers will have to suffice.
These Pineapple Basil Turkey Burgers are simple, delicious, and have only 185 calories per patty. In addition, they have only three main ingredients: pineapple, basil, and ground turkey, with the addition of a few splashes of lime juice. Ok, I guess that is actually four ingredients, regardless it is very simple.
If you have yet to use ground turkey as a substitute for ground beef, your missing out. With less total fat and saturated fat then a lean beef burger, they also contains less calories without sacrificing on taste.
No only are they easy, but they are also very quick to prepare. Serve the patty on your bun of choice topped with spinach leaves and crushed pineapple. Add some grilled asparagus for the side.
You can have a whole nutritious and balanced weeknight meal in under 20 minutes. Crazy right? Given these points, the end result is a healthy and fragrant sweet burger with a lot of taste.
Want some more taste of the Caribbean? Give this delicious Skinny Pina Colada a try.
To make the burger patties, mix together the pineapple, turkey and basil. Then add a few splashes of lime juice. Separate turkey mixture into four patties. Place on a plate and put in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
Coat a grill with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add the burger patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly brown and cooked throughout.
Remove from heat when done and place on a pre-cut bun of choice topped with spinach leaves and crushed pineapple. Yup, it’s that easy.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained and divided
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- splash of lime
- 4 burger buns
- Spinach leaves
- Combine turkey, 1/2 cup pineapple, and mint, mix together. Add the splash of lime and continue mixing.
- Divide and shape mixture into 4 burger patties. Place on plate and let sit in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Coat a grill with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add turkey patties and cook for 3-4 minute per side or until fully cooked.
- Place cooked burger patties on bun, top with spinach leaves and 1 tbsp crushed pineapple. Serve with grilled asparagus and enjoy.
185 calories, 22.5g protein, 8.8g fat, 4.5g fiber