After spending almost six months traveling Southeast Asia, my love for curry flourished. Curry’s are so flavorful, and depending on the dish there are so many different spice combinations. I love roasted chickpea’s in general, but I especially love them with an Indian curry twist. Also, did I say how easy these are to make?!
I know I have already mentioned how amazing and versatile chickpeas are (check out my Chickpea Hazelnut Spread recipe if you don’t believe me!), but they truly are wonderful. They are a good source of protein and fiber, and can be added to almost anything from stews to breads (more recipes to come!).Want an #Easy and #Protein rich snack? Try these #Indian #Curry #Roasted #ChickpeasClick To Tweet
These Indian Curry Roasted Chickpeas are the perfect choice for a healthy snack on the go. They can also be added to your salad to give some flavor and protein (again, soooo versatile!). Next time you have company over, serve these as an appetizer instead of chips for less fat and calories.
To make the roasted chickpeas, preheat oven to 400°F. While oven is preheating, in a large bowl lined with paper towel add chickpeas to dry. Pat dry any additional moisture you can see. Once chickpeas are dry and oven is preheated, remove paper towel and add all other ingredients to bowl and mix. Madras Curry powder is more flavorful then regular curry powder, but if you do not have it regular curry powder will work too. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper, and place chickpeas on top. Place chickpeas in oven for 15 minutes, remove to mix and then place back in oven for additional 10-15 minutes until crunchy. If you prefer extra crunchiness, leave in the oven while it cools.
Voila! Your Indian Curry Roasted Chickpeas are now ready to be served!
- 1 540mL can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp Madras curry powder (or regular curry powder)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place paper towel in a large bowl, add chickpeas and let dry while oven preheats, pat dry any remaining moisture.
- When chickpeas are dry, remove paper towel and add all over ingredients to bowl. Mix well.
- Line a jelly pan with parchment paper, add curry chickpeas. Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes, then remove and mix. Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes until crunchy. If you prefer extra crunchiness, leave in the oven to cool and remove as you wish.
61 calories, 3g protein, 1.2g fat, 9g carbohydrates, 2g fiber