I am always looking for new and easy salmon recipes, and this Honey Grilled Salmon was was just to yummy not to share! This recipe in from the iPhone App called “Cookspiration,” from the Dietitians of Canada.
If you have not heard it before, it is definitely something to check out for even more delicious and easy recipes.To find the app, search “Cookspiration” on your phone or tablets app store. In addition, did i tell you that this app is completely free? Yes!Need ways to add more #Omega3 into your diet? Try this #Healthy #Honey #Grilled #Salmon #RecipeClick To Tweet
Salmon are rich in omega-3 fats, which are also mentioned in the Coco for Cocoa-Nut Protein Ball recipe, and are also called the “healthy fats.” The omega-3 fats have so many health benefits including lowering our bad cholesterol, playing a role in inflammation, along with positively affecting brain function.
Consequently, we should all try and consume fatty fish like Salmon at least two times each week.
Because my partner is not a big fan of Salmon, I am constantly trying to win him over and this recipe did just that. After all this delicious marinade contains only 5 main ingredients, and is both sweet and savory. It is sure to be a hit in your household.
To make this delicious dish, firstly combine the marinade in a small bowl and mix. Place the marinade on top of the salmon in a shallow dish.
Then place in fridge for 30 minutes, turning once at the 15 minute mark.
Turn grill to medium high heat and coat a grill with cooking spray. Add the salmon fillets and grill on each side for about 5 minutes.
When done, salmon should easily flake and have reached an internal temperature of 70°C.
Remove from heat, and serve warm with some grilled veggies paired with Roasted Tomato, Farro, & Kale Salad.
What’s you favorite go-to salmon dish?
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp liquid honey
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 4 Salmon fillets, about 4 oz each
- Mix together soy sauce, canola oil, honey, and thyme in a small bowl
- Place salmon together on a large plate or shallow dish, pour soy sauce mixture evenly on top and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes turning once.
- Turn on grill to medium high heat and lightly spray with cooking spray. Add Salmon fillets to grill, discard left over soy sauce mixture, and grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Salmon should easily flake and have reached an internal temperature of 70°C.
187 calories, 23 g protein, 7 g fat, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber.
Recipe source: Eatracker App, developed by Dietitians of Canada.